Saturday, December 08, 2007

Cooking = Time w/ God

I just had this realization today. When I am cooking breakfast (instead of just eating a power bar and running out the door), I have much better focused conversation with God. For instance today, I made pancakes and eggs. While walking downstairs, I began talking to God about the church plant. He gave me some ideas on how to roll out my plan for the small group worship.

While mixing the ingredients, I started talking with God about my 8th graders and how grateful I am to have them. We talked about ways of making the group go deeper and open up about even more serious topics. I can't wait to see if our group can go that way!

While frying the giant pancake (I don't like to make two or three little pancakes...just one huge one), I gathered some more insight on setting healthy boundaries with work. I was thinking of going in and doing some extra stuff today, but God had other plans. Now, I'm headed out to hang with one of my close families in Mahomet.

And that's why spending time with God is well worth it. I got a good meal, and I got some good pointers for my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home