Sunday, June 17, 2007

On a Tight Leash

I will begin a pastoral internship in September, which lasts for two years. In that time frame, I will be taking seminary classes through the Vineyard Leadership Institute, which will prepare me for full-time ministry in a variety of forms. Since I first began thinking about doing the Vineyard Church's internship program, I have been trying to figure out what my calling is for this next phase of my life. I feel as if I am great at a lot of things I put my heart to...

That tends to be the problem. If I was solely great at one thing in life, I think my calling would be simple to figure out. Instead, I think we all have a variety of characteristics and opportunities that boggle our life plan. I mean, if I only stellar at working with kids, I would be a kids' pastor. However, I think it's a good thing that I'm not just gifted with children. I am musically inclined, humorous, youth-savvy, able to relate to people of all ages and cultures, able to speak publicly, and up-to-date with media/tech.

Over the past few months, I have considered being a church planter, but I'm feeling more and more like that is not something to which God has called me. I'm feeling more at a place of assisting other ministries, rather than the whole church, that would take the form of a worship/media/arts, kids, or youth pastor...or even a combination of any of those.

Needless to say, these next two years will be interesting and full of growth. I believe I'll be starting off the internship with a year devoted to worship (music) pastoring. That may change, halfway through the year... I also hope to post more to this account. I used to have a LiveJournal account, but I felt like I needed a change...thus, this blog has been created.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home